Things I'm glad about:
- The minimum wage increase, which helps the worker (even though it screws over the small businessman) <-- lets get some tax reform in there to alleviate the burden on the shrinking middle class, 'kay?
- FNL last night - Oh, Matt. My secret TV boyfriend. His relationship with Julie makes my chest hurt with love. That RIGHT THERE is how kids really are. It's not perfect, they don't say what they should, and everything's in their eyes when they look at each other. I still want to be Connie Taylor when I grow up.
- I'm finally catching up on Rome. DUDE. That's a TERRIFIC show. Best TV quote in the history of talking: "Large Penis is always welcome." Ahaha.
- My dog. My dog snorgling the cats.
- Random fic recs like this: a Barty Crouch/Crouch Jr. drabble here. Ooooh. That one's nice and dark. And a random Skwisgaar/Toki fic that doesn't make me want to spork my eyes, yay! (why am I getting into a fandom with HS-aged kids? *crie*
- had a whole night of no choking/coughing, yay! I haaaaaate being sick. Except it affords me time on the computer, and I'm slowly catching up on fic/etc.
- tonight is the BEST NIGHT FOR COMEDY on TV. The Office! 30 Rock! SCRUBS! Woooot.
I've been feeling very disconnected from things - people, fandom, anything creative/intelligent - and I've decided to take the bull by the horns and just wade in and fix it. Starting with some crack. I hope to have actual fic (of the non-crack variety) written today. (And *cough* if those of you who got a fic from me three weeks ago could you know... SAY SOMETHING about it, that would be super. :D No pressure! I'm just imagining it sucks. This is the boarding school fic. Jess, not you. I know you've been busy.)
I've got more character playlists/music files for uploading under the cut. Feel free to share links.
As I mentioned yesterday, all files have been converted to .wma or .mp3. (I prefer mp4, but evidently not a lot of players accept that format, which sucks, because it sounds richer.) If you find a file you can't play, head over to ZamZar and convert it to what works for you. You'd be amazed at the emails I've gotten over the years bitching about free music. Sheesh.
Playlist/notes here, discs   
This was made for dovil, so there are joke songs. BUT THEY WORK. Again, there's not anything in here that I wouldn't listen to, so even though "Winds of Change" is a silly song, it has the best whistle intro EVER. Hahaha. Ha. and I totally music-geeked out in the liner notes on some of the songs. Spike/Angel. It doesn't get better than these two, imo.
Playlist/notes here, discs  
Now... I'm not a S/X shipper. Not remotely. True, there have been fics I've read and really enjoyed - they've made it work for me - but it's not my cup of tea. I did try and do it justice for those of you who DO like the pairing.
Playlist/notes here, discs  
This was the second request I got in the project, and I was still figuring out how to make these work. But overall I'm pretty happy with it. As the character went from a buffoon to one of the darkest and most twisted character in the series, so does the music. Aaaaaaaand there's music-geekery in the notes. :)
Man, I miss this show.
And won't someone