So I had to run to the grocery store and get sundries. Got home, unpacking said sundries and my $5 bean dip isn't there. "5 dollars? For bean dip?" It's Martin and Lewis all the way, baby. I head back to the store and the checkout girl (who is Miss Cult of Personality, believe me) is staring into nothingness. I approach her and ask if she found my bean dip after I left. Without saying a word, or breaking her stare, she reaches behind her back and pulls out a bag containing my bean dip. I said, "thank you," and she mutters "uh huh," and goes back to staring. At nothing. Sucks to work at Kroger's I guess.
This leads me to a list of pet peeves, the biggest being at the top.
1. Feet shufflers. Pick up your goddamn feet, you lazy sack of shit. This includes my 7 year old daughter. Ahhhh!!!!!
2. Mouth breathers. If you're sick? You get a pass. You have an open mouth because you are just dim-witted? NOSE!! You're letting flies in, Flodene.
3. Bad posture causing your sleeves to hang over your knuckles. Purposely. Just, fix it, m'kay?
4. Bad service. I was a waiter for 5 years in a high volume joint. I know it's hard work. And I tip BIG, because I know how hard it is. But get a drink to a table in a minute. There are no exceptions. you can ask the busers - then tip them later in the evening for watching your ass.
5. When people say "supposUBly." Ditto on "irregardless."
6. When folks don't get the hint that it's time to go. Like when my husband comes out in his robe and is brushing his teeth. And they still don't leave. (True story.)
7. People who THRIVE on chaos and drama. You know the types. Hell, I WAS that type. I like normalcy, good conversations, and relaxation. I don't need The Young and The Restless type activity in my life.
8. Courtney Love. She makes me kinda sick.
Ditto for Wynona Ryder. Can't act, has a nasal voice... Bleh. I know I'm alone on that one, BTW.
9. Lists. And the people who make them.