- Watership Down by Richard Adams. ONE. DOLLAR. And I'm ashamed to say I've not read it before, so I'm making up for it now. A buck! \o/
- Howards End by EM Forster. Have only seen the movie, not read the book, so am remedying. A dollar-fifty, I thank you. Excellent condition.
- The Stars' Tennis Balls
- The Hippopotamus and
- The Liar, all by Stephen Fry who is becoming one of my favorite storytellers EVER. The Liar is a repurchase as I loaned out my original copy and didn't get it back.
- The Canterbury Tales by Chaucer, in dual languages (left side original, right side modern English), because I don't have my original copy from high school anymore, and it's time for a revisit
- Lullaby by Palahniuk, I loved Fight Club and enjoyed Haunted, so when a book is two dollars, and is HARDOVER and in pristine condition? Cha-ching!
- *cough* Petals on the Wind by VC Andrews because I want to read about incestuous albino siblings who will dance and doctor their way into success and happiness! OR WILL THEY? Bum bum BUUUUUM!
- The Complete Garden Guide by Time/Life books - SIX BUCKS!! Again, another repurchase from a neighbor borrowing my original copy and never returning it. Ahem. I would like to say that this is an EXCELLENT book for anyone that wants to learn how to garden anything and everything. It's excellent - 991 pages - and has loads of pictures for inspiration. Plus, it gives very basic ideas behind garden design, including blue prints for how to recreate the pictures inside. It's not definitive, as it doesn't really give a lot of information about which plants work best in acid vs. alkaline soil for me, but it's a wonderful guide. That and a local gardening plant list will be almost everything you'd need.
All purchased for less than thirty bucks. NICE. Most of these books didn't even have the spine cracked on them, which is crazy! But to my benefit, so huzzah!
And while I didn't get Thai like I planned for dinner, I did get some grits with blue cheese and bacon and OH. MY. GOD. That is my new favorite comfort food, right there. MMmmmm, cheesy grits. And these was fancy! [/Flo]
I'm going to curl up with a book, a blanket, a hot mug of cocoa, and a derg. I'm on a Wisconsin kick. Herliday. Herible. Hahaha. Let the bad weather come, for I have provisions!!