The following is brought to you by a series of quotes from "The Breakfast Club" with Mr. S this morning. I can't explain the randomness, either.
Why Wrestling Is Gay, Aside From The Obvious Spandex Costume
Terminology Used in The Sport:
- bear hug
- rear positioning
- pain compliance (!!)
- ground and pound
- submission hold
- Anaconda choke
- harness (a hold that encircles the opponent's TORSO, usually diagonally)
- half and full Nelson
- rear naked choke
- stand-up grappling or clinching
- take downs
- dominant positioning
Okay, But Really. The Costume
- It's called a singlet. ...aaaand is a COSTUME.
- They carry HANKIES (to stop blood, but still. HANKIES.)
- It exposes their nipples
- Two syllables: SPAN-DEX.
- they wax and oil their bodies
- The prize? flashy. gold. belts.
So! *claps hands and rubs* Who wants to write me some Rome fic with Pullo and Vorenus practicing some old school Greco-Roman Wrestling? :D