Post a list of your top five favorite fics you've written, regardless of fandom or the reason you love them. This isn't about the BEST things you've written, but what you LOVE most. Then tag five other people to do the same.
1. The Wrath at Cannes, RPS Ewan McGregor/Hayden Christensen, 6 Chapters. Okay. This... well, it needs to be beta'd in some places (and I swear I'll get to it, one of these days) but I love how this turned out. I love the characters I created, I love the scenes the story is set in, I love that I took a fanon characteristic (Hayden is a whiny bitch bottom) and made him an aggressive top, all without sacrificing (imo) the fact that he's a nice kid, and Ewan's a bit of an ass and they totally fell in love while making Star Wars. You know how y'all are about J2? That's me for these two.
2. You Had a Charming Air, All Cheap And Debonair PotC fic, 15 Chapters, all linked, PG-13 Sparrington. This is another of those times that I had so much fun writing something. This is utter swashbuckling, and what I like best is the tempo of the storytelling for the last three chapters as everything comes to a head. (Plus: an explanation for the Bermuda Triangle! Whales! Pirates!) I like writing equals that snark at each other, and I like when two characters have all sorts of simmering emotions disguised as reproach for one another. (See: Spike/Angel.) Sparrow and Norrington fit the bill for me just fine.
3. Connie: The Musical, AU AtS cast, parody of Annie. NC-17. This may be the only incest musical ever. Or the only musical about orphaned vampire prostitutes. Or D) all of the above. I still laugh at it, I still sing the songs (which- come on. I am SO PROUD of those songs!) And the porno I make Connie (Connor) and Angel sit through? "Bigger Than Huge." The dialog is pretty much how most gay porn is, which is hilarious to me. This is one of those fics that I can see. And hear. But not smell, because let's face it: Calcutta is probably stinky. IT'S A HARD COCK LIFE.
4. There Is No Happy Ever After: Five Fairy Tales That Weren't PG-13 for violence, Connor and the women of AtS. I worked so hard on this one. I mean, we should do that for every fic, right? But I really wanted someone to beat me up and force me to make this work, and I was really happy with the outcome. If you don't know by now that I love Connor, then there you go. I think he's possibly the most interesting character in the whole show (minus Angel and Wesley and Faith) and I liked how I was able to ultimately tell about him by how the women of the show saw him. Side note, this got the most feedback I've ever gotten for a Connor fic, which is gratifying in and of itself, but I've remained curious why some Connor fen stayed away. Not in a whiny way, but there's been a niggling fear that for people whom I respect as far as getting that character/writing him goes, I missed the mark. Oh, writing: you bring out all the neurosis ever.
5. Will Ferrell & The Chocolate Chip Cookie You shut it. You shut your pirate hooker mouth. I love Will Ferrell, that's a given. But... man, I can see this as an SNL Digital Short. It's like Smoove B meets Ron Burgundy in the kitchen. This got SO LITTLE FEEDBACK, and I know a good reason is because people tend to not understand my love of Will. But it's FUNNY. It is! It's COOKIE PORN. And if you put on some chicky-bow-wow music (I prefer Barry White, personally) it heightens the funny. And the hot. And if you don't want a cookie after reading it, then you are DEAD TO ME. Or possibly diabetic and sticking to your guns, in which case, good for you!
Oooh, runners up! (Hahaha, I'm such a dork. LOOK AT ME. LOVE ME.) XD
~Suicide is Painless, M*A*S*H/AtS crossover. This is a weird one, I know, but I loved how my Charles Emerson Winchester voice came out. And I love any fic where you can stick brain-wiped Connor into a different family.
~Jossverse Kerfuffles In A Nutshell This isn't a fic (obviously) and I aped the style from Cleolinda and McTabby, but I still laugh at this. Is that wrong? Probably. But you all laughed, too, so there. And seriously, if we can't laugh at ourselves, then we should laugh at others. Then laugh at ourselves.
~Spike vs. Chuck Norris I had the BEST TIME writing this fic. I made an ass of myself on a jog one morning when this idea cropped into my head. I stopped and held on to a tree, laughing, while cars drove past me, slowing down to look at the weirdo cackling.
~Family: The Ties That Bind, Connor, Drusilla PG-13 This was the first time I tried a really moody piece, and a twist for the ending, and I think it hit the mark on both accounts. Plus, I love love LOVE the idea of Drusilla looking for Connor.
Man, I just found all of those old parodies I wrote back in the day. The Godfather, the Gone with the Wind mpreg... I miss that silly stuff.
Okay, I tag... southernbangel, ros_fod, floweringjudas, viciouswishes, and grammar_glamour (and I hope your Trey/Matt fic is a part of that!)