1. My awesome buddy Alison has an LJ now, and once she gets the hang of it, I'll pimp her out to all of you, hahaha. She's an artist (and a damn fine one) and lovely and: I have FINALLY gotten her hooked on Buffy. \o/ Also? She's an avid reader. (We'll get her reading the non-canon pairings by summer, you watch and see.)
2. I made the risotto dolce from my cooking class all by my lonesome and it turned out flipping good. *flips*
3. Last night I filled my belly to bursting with ribs. And southernbangel? We used Dreamland BBQ sauce. Note to everyone: Lee, when she came for her visit last week (was it only last week? I miss you and Jess already!), brought a MASSIVE gift basket as a hostess gift to me, which was absolutely lovely. Not only was there Dreamland BBQ sauce, there were TWO kinds of chocolate sauce (dark and white), wine, cheese straws, both sweet and savory, and some spicy chow chow, which, if you're not Southern, you're missing out. I've now sampled all of it, and am FILLED TO BURSTING. *pats belly* Satisfied doesn't cover it. (And really: Lee brought FOUR BOOKS for EACH child, tuned to their reading level. Was she trying to get us to love her, or trying to get us to KIDNAP her for keeps? You decide!)
4. The Office made me so happy this past week, I can't even articulate it. LAYING BRAIN. Oh, my GOODNESS, Creed! Howling with laughter.
5. I've made a significant dent in writing something... real. I've taken Lynne and Mandy's advice (and used the wonderful encouragement Jess gave me with helpful "here's how you could do this" info) and have started writing up a horror and humor filled memoir/instruction book on what it is to be Mormon. (Like, my goal is to have it feel like Sarah Vowell and Dave Sedaris wrote about the topic. It'll be fun to watch me crash and burn on this, wheee!) I went to the bookstore (Half Price Books) and found loads of books I didn't want to ask my father to borrow. (Ack. I'm kind of getting worried about what they're going to think - the whole family. I mean, they're good people, they just believe in some wacked out hoodoo.) But I'm super charged, writing furiously, and feeling a drive to something. I'm going to stick with that as long as I can, I think. It's not what I thought I would try and "go legit" with, but hey. Writing is writing.
6. Which leads to me all of the memories flooding back from my youth: the date that brought his own date to the date (worst. date. ever.), my cousin Katie being asked out by Joseph Smith (actual descendant, not reanimated zombie) by having her brother dress up as the Angel Moroni and appear in his bedroom to make him get up and dig up his invitation to Sadie Hawkins (written on paper plates spray-painted gold) in his backyard, the guy that told us he didn't die because he was wearing "Garments" - the holy underwear of Mormons - when he was electrocuted. On and on and on. What the HELL was I doing in this religion, y'all? No, seriously. WHAT.
7. I got a package this weekend from dovil!! Music from her homeland in New Zealand and a note and love and squishes and drugs! Except for how there weren't any drugs. DAMMIT. Dovil! I love you, matey! Thanks!! I have a second package with the final eps. of The Office coming your way in two weeks, btw.
8. My peas are coming in, and I have weetiny tomatoes popping out, and the cucumbers are starting to climb the trellis and my summer garden is starting to burst forth as the spring garden goes out with a flourish. Which means I want to buy more plants. Someone needs to put a leash on me.
9. My husband bought my Emily (the 5 year old) a pair of HEELED KNEE-HIGH BOOTS. And naturally, she wants to wear them everywhere. (They're like... whore boots. What!?) She just showed me her school outfit which consists of: turquoise cargo shorts, a heathered pink top with a blue and green butterfly on it, and the black boots of OH, HELL NO-ment. That there is a sassy outfit. One that will not be worn to school, TRY AGAIN.
10. I just remembered I have a kinkathon fic due in ONE WEEK, which means I need to get on that Coreys RPS fic, ahahaha. Crap.
And happy birthday, xochitl42 and janedavitt! May your Monday be like a Friday! You know what? I wish that for ALL OF US. *pours a round of lemonade for all of us*