moosesal tagged me for a 10 things meme, which I will lovingly jam under a cut, because YOU PEOPLE MATTER. And I don't want you getting carpal tunnel from all the scrolling, omg.
Each player of this game starts off with 10 weird things/habits/little-known facts about yourself.
- I have a chihuahua head. And by that I don't mean an actual canine head, but a weetiny head. I have to buy hats in the kids' section. I'm incredibly self-conscious about how out of proportion my head is to my body, which is silly, but there it is.
- I have to have a minimum of 10 minutes all by myself every morning, or my entire day is shot. Like, seriously. It's my buffer between the dream-state and responsibility of being a mom/wife/etc.
- I don't want to relive my teen years (the go -back and do it all over again thing) but I definitely want to re-do certain things and, if left to my thoughts long enough, can get emo about wanting to go back. Things I want to relive: that first real kiss - Oh, MICHAEL LEE, that feeling you only have as a teenager that you are feeling something so intensely that it's only YOU that has felt that way before, the first time I realized I had my own taste in music apart from my parents/siblings. (Like, I was listening to U2 on my MP3 player this morning and remembered how cool I felt when I was 12 because I knew it was good music and I liked it. Hee!)
- I get melancholy sometimes thinking about how I'll never have a first kiss again. (I... have a thing for first kisses. *g*)
- I forget sometimes that I have an actual mother in the world. (Which is fine.)
- Sometimes I ache so much for a mother that I feel like I'm drowning in need and it scares me because I don't like to "need" anyone or thing. (Wanting is something different.)
- I will go WEEKS without looking at myself in a mirror. (Like, my body. I'll look at my teeth when I brush them.) I do not like looking at myself, which probably says LOADS about me. :)
- I really, honestly believe that I could survive in the wild if given only a ball of twine and a pocket knife. (I use to do it for two weeks every summer.) And I watch that show Man vs. Wild and scoff at how he's obviously making some things more "dangerous" than they really are, while secretly comparing myself to Bear Grylls and wishing I could have a Bionic Woman-type spin off and he and I could meet up in the Australian Outback for a 2 hour special and go off in the brush and make survivor/end of days babies because have you SEEN HIM? Hahaha.
- I can tie every single knot in the Boy Scout Handbook with one hand. Truly. (what if you're hanging by one hand and someone throws you a rope? How would you tie the knot to safety? EXACTLY.)
- I actually get very hurt when I realize there are people out in Binary Code Land (aka the internet) that honestly believe I am a mean person, because I'm not. But then I realize they like shit I think is ridiculous and I remember their opinion doesn't matter much and I go back to my crayon drawings and sipping my juice box. *swings feet and waits for recess*
In addition to this Will/Sacha fic I'm writing, I'm wanting to create this whole 80s 'verse with the Coreys and Rob Lowe and Jason Bateman from his teen years and Ricky Schroeder and Elizabeth Shue and Molly Ringwald and I realize this means I'm trying to relive my youth and I should just turn off the Go Gos and Cure music and MOVE FORWARD. Hahahahaha. I get to meet with the pool designer later today and find out if my idea is doable. *bites nails* Today is a GOOD DAY! There should be cookies. Anyone have cookies? Oooh, or brownies! Brownies! Brownies are good, too.