- I have re-initiated my crush on Tim Gunn with his new show on Bravo. I am also equipped with a positive attitude towards clothes shopping today and will look to follow his rules. Also, for those of you on my flist with difficult to fit busts, he had three FANTASTIC online shops that cater to LARGE breasts (and show you how to get the right fit/support.) Bigger Bras, Lingerie Mart, and Ehow
- I was runner up for the Sotha Awards for Best Andrew Fic, and since I came in second to entrenous88 I consider that high praise indeed! (What I Did On My Summer Vacation, By Andrew Wells) Thank you so much to whoever nominated me and those that voted! I NEVER win awards, so I'm very grateful for the kind thoughts!
- I have been listening to happy-making music. Rules for happy music: makes me move, makes me sing, makes me do a shimmy in my pants. Music under the cut for dl'ding.
- I would like to dare each of you to do something ridiculous today. You may choose from my suggestions, or pick your own and lemme know what you did! You can A) do a dance move from Michael Jackson's Thriller video (I personally will be doing the squat, head shimmy, overhead hand clap) or B) your impression of John Cleese's silly walk or C) something goofy of your own choosing, perhaps chair dancing while rolling up the hallway in your office? *G*
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Down Boy. Okay, I love this group. Every song isn't a hit, but when they hit, I LOVE them. Dark and naughty.
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'. I can't hear this without seeing Justin Timberlake as Robin Gibb. "I'm from Sydney and I will kick your ass!! You have something to say, Robin?" "...no."
- Feathermerchants - Change my Night. This is a lot like Massive Attack and Portishead. Dreamy and smoky.
- Afro Celt Sound System - When you're Falling. Peter Gabriel's side project in the 90s. That should be enough, right?
- Beastie Boys - Body Movin' & Three MCs and One DJ. I dare you to sit still with a grumpy face. Double dog dare. (Mixmaster Mike, what you got to say? Goddamn that DJ made my day!)
- Cap'n & Tenille - Love Will Keep Us Together. Shut it. It's the Cap'n! Also, I'm a music schizophrenic.
- Corrine Bailey Rae - I'd Like To. This song is so 70s soul groovetastic. It makes me want to watch Crooklyn just for the music/dance/'fros.
- Metadata - FaFaFa. Fun dance/techno-ish groove.
- Fergie - London Bridges. OH SHIT. (Um - parents: warning for language on this.) I love this song, even though i haaaaaate Ferga-"pee pants"-licious. I wanted us to do a closing credits number with me dressed in my WT costume from the movie (and the others in their costume) dancing and lip synching to this, a la Judd Apatow, but we couldn't afford the song rights. Bah.
- Duran Duran - Girls On Film. Take a picture! Remember how scandalous this video was? If you don't because you weren't born yet, I don't want to hear it.
- Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You. I love this pop band. LOVE. Perfect, tight little songs that are fun to sing to.
- Peter Gabriel/Deep Forest - While the Earth Sleeps. Another side project of his from the 90s, and another great song to move to.
- Ray Charles - I Got A Woman. Try and sing this without adding the "Golddigger" lyrics. :D
- Stray Cats - Sexy & 17. I loved this song/vid when it first came out. And I wanted a sexy girl tiger on my shoulder with big pinned curls on my head and a hot guy in a leather coat and a motorcycle. Basically, I wanted to be a feminine Leather Tuscadero with the Fonz as my beau, apparently...
Also: what?! I like the line "we know you have many options for portable stripper poles, and are grateful for your choosing Lil' Mynx Poles." There are MANY options for this?! Ahahaha! "...having personally owned a pole for years..." That's what he said! :D