- capri leggings
- big diamond earrings
- hip DKNY tennis shoes (like, lime green and black swirled)
- bright red lipstick
- a long tunic that reads: "Best Grandma In The World."
She toodle-oo'd Sally and beamed at me, and I pointed at her shirt and said, "Congratulations!" and she tilted her head and smiled, then kept on, humming, arms pumping like an Olympian. How freaking cute is that?
That made me think of my own sweet Grandma, who passed away in 1995. I saw a woman at a shop a few days ago with NF that had the tell-tale "bumps" all over her hand and I wanted to hold her hand just to get that "holding hands with my Grandma" feeling. (My g-ma was very embarassed and shy about having that "disfigurement" all over herself, and had the acoustic neuromas removed from her face and the backs of her hands, but it left horrible scarring. To me, she was just grandma. ♥) So as I said, I passed the second best g-ma in the world today. :)
ION, I think I need to buy myself a copy of The Holy Grail. I'm honestly surprised I don't have it already. Which has led to me quoting the movie all during my 5 mile walk to my dog and cracking up, and people driving past the lunatic slowly, clearly worried that I might be contagious. :D Examples:
- You don't frighten us with your silly knees-bent running around advancing behavior!
- Dennis! There's some lovely filth down here! (I love that the peasant's name is DENNIS.)
- I told you, we're an anarco-sydicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week.
- Moistened bint. <-- why is that not my user name?
- What else floats in water? / Bread. / Apples. / Very small rocks. / Cider./ Gravy. / Cherries. / Mud. / Churches./ Lead!Lead! / A... a duck!
- I don't want to go on the cart! / Oh don't be such a baby.
- One... two... five! / Three, sir. / Yes, Three!
- You have proved yourself worthy, will you not join me? [nothing] You make me sad. Come, Patsy.
Ahahahahaha. That last one might be my favorite, actually. Almost the weekend, WHOOO! \o/