Jesus H. Girls? Ladies? LOVE YOURSELF.
Here's why girls are awesome and you should quit hating yourself and other women:
- we're beautiful. All of us. I don't care if you have one arm, moles all over your face, a gimpy eye, you're in a wheelchair, you're rich or poor, fat or thin, or you have night poots that make your cat angry. There is something BEAUTIFUL about you. Find it. Exploit it. Love it.
- we're compassionate Biologist speaking here: we're (generally) hardwired to have hormones that make us care. Quit going against your nature with the hating and exclusion, y'all. :D
- we're smart nothing is more unattractive to me than a girl playing dumb. Fortunately, my homies are all smart women. Being intelligent, thinking, questioning, challenging is a WONDERFUL trait. Um, men have been cheered for those qualities for millenia. Let's get some of that loving our way, right?
- I'd like to see a man pass a baby through his genitalia Second thought, no I wouldn't. Our bodies can do amazing things. And how awesome that in today's world most of us can CHOOSE to do this amazing thing or NOT TO? Big ups to my fellow natural child birthers (and for future mommies: GET THE DRUGS.)
- we're social we thrive in communities. We MAKE communities. (Again: see biology comma historical) We are the creators of society. So, uh, let's be responsible there and make it a GOOD ONE.
- boobs I mean, come on. They're awesome. Nature's little (or not) pillows.
You are not a "fish." You are not a "bitch." (Unless you like being called that, then mazel tov.) You are not weak, dumb, worthless, a loser, a victim, "smelly" down there, or incapable of succeeding. Here's Mama Stoney telling you: YOU HAVE WORTH. YOU HAVE VALUE. Fucking believe in it, already, would you??
And a final note, and this is one of the rare times I'll get this personal online, but HEAVENS to MERGATROID, ladies, I'm tired of the woman-hate: I am 5'6", weighed 125 lbs (at the time of the story) and had been beaten down (literally and figuratively) by my now ex husband, 6' 8" and 280 lbs, all muscle. All it took was the threat of harming my child and I knocked that mother fucker out with one punch, upper cut under the jaw. (I am not advocating violence. It just happened to be the perfect resolution in my case, ahaha. Ahem.)
I AM NOT WEAK. AND NEITHER ARE YOU! I DARE someone to call me a bitch in a derogatory manner. Be strong. Be proud. LOVE OTHER WOMEN, because that's how we all pull each other up. In conclusion, how about doing something positive instead of only griping online about whether or not it's okay for fictional people to call each other bitches and sluts: Darfur needs help. Maybe we could start by pulling those women up, or the women in Ethiopia?
This journal will return to happy and carefree fun happy goodtime in the morning. :)
[ETA] Sesame Street taught me everything I needed to know about women being awesome. Women can help to find cures for diseases, women can hunt Aligators!" "Look at these things that we women can do: we can drive cars, we can be cooks! We can be bus drivers, we can write books!" <3