But happy things, because I don't wanna be grumpy. I read today that happiness, like herpes, is catching! And like herpes, it takes two. (Or, also like herpes, more.) Allow me to spread some happiness (my version of it) your way.
- This video of a furry woman who believes herself to be a cheetah, and explaining why she doesn't WANT to be a cheetah anymore. (Courtesy of my sister, and it IS work safe. Just not sanity safe.) I especially like how she covers up her stumbling over the word "home" with "phone." And the very focused panting into the camera. Ahahahaha! RICE. No wonder she's upset, cheetahs don't eat rice! (Nice sex hole in the costume, too. No, that's not disturbing AT ALL.)
- This recipe for cream of chile poblano soup, something I ate while in Austin last Thursday night. (Minus the chicken.) I would like a bowl of this smoky, spicy, deliciousness every week, k-thanks. The recipe is slightly different than the one I had, as mine was topped with just a few pieces of queso fresco, a better (and more authentico) topping. Este comida es muy delicioso!
- I can't share it with you, but you can go to Williams-Sonoma and get some yourself: gingerbread spice bundt cake, topped with an orange-ginger glaze. I under cooked the cake by two minutes, and it was the better for it. Moist, delicious, and the topping was all the goodness of an orange roll glaze, but with a touch of ginger. I LOVE FOOD.
- Tackorama, a website with free fonts, clip art, etc. from the 50s. I picked up some great fonts (and made my icon.)
- The Mr. doesn't know it, but I got him a Grind-n-Brew coffee maker for Giftmas this year, and I got it at Linens-n-Things for 70 % off. NICE.
- And because I can't help it, I'm a total lover of Legos, always have been, always will be, check out this ship this father-son team created: a terra-forming ship. My son was salivating over it (and pointed out all the different kits they used, like Cylons from BSG kits and R2 heads for interior com-port stations. Hee!)
- It would be super if the Mr. got me these posters in the huge size for Giftmas (esp. Neptune and Venus. PURDY!) I freaking LOVE THEM. I don't care, I'm a science nerd, always have been, always will be. That's why Michael Whelan and Zdzislaw Beksinski are two of my favorite artists of all time. NERD ALERT. Zdzislaw's website might be the coolest website on the web, too. I could sit and watch that for hours. The music is great, also. MAN, I'm just geeking all over the place today...
Today I get to prove my h4rdc0r3 n3rd sk1lz and rebuild a laptop for my bro-in-law for his Giftmas present. I've got a terrific motherboard, processor, good memory, I just need a HD, a DVD burner, and some
[ETA] I missed that it was liz_marcs birthday! Happiest of days to you, even though you share this day with a sorrow-filled historical moment. I still think of that fabulous article you wrote about it a few years back... Many happy returns, Liz!