While I try and breathe deep and get this rassle-frassle book finished, and quit opening emails from rude people that insist on sending me pictures of spiders, and get around to banning trolls that think I'm the most horrible person ever for not realizing that Bella and Edward are the most romantic people EVAR (haha, that one made me laugh, actually, because the person was clearly unhinged) ...while all that is going on in the background, have some music on me. (If you don't want to state when you graduated, that's cool. Just be sure to pick songs that you would have listened to while in high school.)
Rules and my list are under the cut.
I really like saying it: High School Make Out Music Mix Meme:
1. Has to be songs that were available to listen to while you were in high school, or the summer after graduation. (essentially 9th - 12th grade)
2. Has to be songs that either you DID make out to, or you WISHED you did - songs you thought would seal the deal, so to speak. *G*
re-read #2: you DID or you WANTED to.
3. Regardless of the ridiculousness (was the theme song to Pee Wee's Big Adventure what got you going?) share the song - that's half the fun!
4. Zip up songs and/or share link (via box.net, mediafire, megaupload, sendspace, yousendit...) and list the songs in your comment/post.
The point is to share music
5. If you post this to your own journal and not in comments, put a link to your list in comments here
6. Spread the word! Come on and play!
Stoney, Class of 1990 ....virgin. Ahahaha. (In alphabetic order)
1. Berlin - Sex (I'm A...) [Obvious, what?]
2. Bill Withers - Use Me
3. Billy Paul - Me and Mrs. Jones
4. Boyz II Men - Uhh Ahh (ahahaha. Oh my god, I thought this was sew naughty! "Injection, fellas." "I caress your body emotionally..." HEE.)
5. Depeche Mode - A Question Of Lust (Dave Gahan wants 15 year olds. Pedo-bear alert!)
6. Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
7. Depeche Mode - I Want you Know (sex mix - the weird one) [Jeebus, the whole catalog of their music should just be here. Esp. Stripped, which I don't seem to have...]
8. Duran Duran - The Chauffeur
9. Edie Brickell - Air of December
10. Led Zeppelin - I'm Gonna Crawl (really, Led Zep IV, side B - panty dropping.)
11. Level 42 - It's Over (I wasn't the smartest. But the song is pretty and slow)
12. Love and Rockets - So Alive (mmmmm)
13. Myers - Cavatina From The Deer Hunter (also beautiful and slow - very Zeffirelli)
14. New Order - Elegia (aww. I remember having Docs and a shaved head and wanting to make out with a boy that turned out to be gay. Of course.)
15. Peter Gabriel - I Have The Touch (damn. Still love this one.)
16. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes (you can't be my age and not have this one on your mix. Lloyd Dobbler!)
17. Pink Floyd - A Pillow of Winds (try to not fall asleep while making out. Whoops! <-- true story, but it was 2 in the morning!)
18. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic (ung, my last high school boyfriend always played RHCP. He was so dreamy and hot.)
19. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Pretty Little Ditty
20. Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug
21. Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
22. Sting - Sister Moon (that whole album is great)
23. The Cure - A Night Like This
24. The Cure - Fascination Street (okay, really. Every single Cure album qualifies for me.)
25. The Smiths - Golden Lights (ditto)
26. The Smiths - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
27. Thelonious Monk - Round Midnight (I need his version of "Laura" to round this out. Hmm.)
Megaupload file, 131 MB (coming shortly)
If you can't play a file on your player, you can convert the file at zamzar.com.
Lemme see yours!