1. Kashmir, Led Zepplin. What's a little hookah pipe among friends? Interesting: the drummer died, taught his young son the biz before he went. When they went on a reunion tour a few years back, guess who played drums? Dude.
2. Mad World, Tears For Fears. For those too into the rat race. It's just a job, folks.
3. What I Got, Sublime. Was 6 feet under. Finally makes it big and this clown ODs. "I don't get angry with the bills I have to pay/ I don't get angry when my mom smokes pot."
4. Sex and Candy, Marcy Playground. These are MY addictions. Rrrowr.
5. If I Ruled The World, Nas and Lauryn Hill. The first thing he'd do (according to the song) is make it legal to smoke pot. Eh, man.
6. The City Sleeps, MC 900ft Jesus. And this song is so goddamn cool and jazzy and trippy. This fire is out of control, the prequel.
7. Criminal, Fiona Apple. See #4. She likey the sex and the hurty of men, too. You know you love singing the little jazzy riff at the end, and I bet you get pissed when they cut it short on the radio. Me, too.
8. Love is the Drug, Roxy Music. My age is showing with this one. "Oh, oh. Can't you see? Love is the drug I need." I used to sit and ache listening to this when I was a pre-teen.
9. Low, R.E.M. This always hit me as a strung-out tune. This is the unplugged version.
10. New Pollution, Beck. Beck frecking RULZ! I heart him. I like to pretend that cell-phones are what he is talking about. Hate the phone. 3 people will I talk to, and that's it.
11. Space Oddity, David Bowie. What's a little heroin among friends?
12. Why Me?, Planet P. I used to be scared of this video when it first aired on MTV in the early 80s. Space men, scared girls, asphyxiation in cars... Somebody hit the pipe...
13. Joey, Concrete Blonde. The strung out song of all strung out songs. For those watching, that is.
14. White Rabbit, Jefferson Airplane. What's a little qualude-poppin' among friends?
15. The Dope Show, Marilyn Manson. What's a little hermaphrodite watching among friends?
16. Yellow Submarine, The Beatles. What's a little 'shrooms among friends? Hee! Last time, I promise.
17. Wicked Game, Chris Isaac. What's a little stalking among strangers? Fooled you! This song makes you want to have sex with Helena Christiansen. Admit it. Then stalk her and search her trash can. No? Just me?
18. Backdrifts, (Honeymoon is over), Radiohead. Yeah, yeah, they've been on every CD. But they are that. damn. good. But this line? "We're rotten fruits/ we're damaged goods." Man. I need a Trainspotting icon.
And now I am half-way through my list! *sob* I need hellziggy and meli_77 to email me their snail addys so I can get their off, too!