(Um, it should be noted that it's not just a list, but what I FINISHED on my list. Ahem.)
- Vacuum whole house [2 stories]
- dust living room/dining room
- hang new pictures (4) 40 x 35in each
- go to Ikea and get shelf for laundry room, 2 pots
- repot all cactuses to rid them off gnats (8 plants) [used tongs to keep my fingers ouchie-free because I r smart]
- hit fabric store for new fabric for sofa [1.25 yds]
- sew Big Cushions for bed (3 36 inch square pillows)
- sew new sofa cushions with trim (5 17 inch square pillows with trim)
- clean kitchen counters
- reorganize shelves in kitchen/nook
- sweep kitchen, foyer, bathrooms
- mop same
- de-poop backyard from Sally Derg
- mow lawn with lowered deck (I live on 1/3 acre. It's a lot of lawn, and the grass was so thick it killed the engine twice)
- sweep patios
- move extra landscape stones - about 20 20lb rocks
- rearrange patio furniture both front and back patios
- wash out empty outdoor pots, move to garage
- break down all recyclables, put in bin
- drag all bins out for pickup
- spread ant bait out back [fire ants hurt so bad, it's not even funny]
- groom Sally derg's nails, re-shave her fur to make her smiles from the coolness outdoorses
- de-fur Darthanne and Hope kitties
- fold last of the laundry
I FREAKING ROCK. I will celebrate with bad TV tonight [see icon], a cheesy movie for research (hahaha, it's R.M., Special Edition) and some ab-work, because I only did half of my workout this morning. the 58 minute part, not the 16 minute part, har har. :)
OH AND I WILL COOK MYSELF A STEAK & MUSHROOMS, make a SALAD and have the rest of this fabulous Pinot Noir, because I earned it. Heh. Also: NOM.
*cough* I'm not mentioning the 18 foot ladder I was supposed to drag inside so I could clean the vaulted ceiling and dust the picture ledge, wash the upper windows, etc. That can happen tomorrow.
The kids come home tomorrow from their vacation of kayaking and lake swimming and apparent crazy shopping up in Ely, MN, and you might read a hint of jealousy in that sentence. A teensy bit. They had a terrific time with their dad, and I'm looking forward to all the noise and chaos that will arrive back where it belongs tomorrow night. Speaking of, I am officially making a note to make all of my bread tomorrow so there's something to eat in the house [two loaves, two pizza doughs, pan of cinnamon rolls]. Err, without kids to feed, I kinda don't know how to feed myself. I've been grazing on apples and grapes and wine and cheese and having cereal and yogurt, and that's about it.
Not that I don't love my kids, I so very do, but man, I would be creepy thin if I didn't have other mouths to feed, I'm just saying.
I have this whole thing about mocking those who buy into those Enzyte pills and the like, and how weird I find those commercials, but that will have to wait until tomorrow or later. This last sentence brought to you by the memory of my ex-husband asking me what language Frasier was speaking, because "that didn't sound like American." LOL.
I finally hit on a layout that I like very much. I flip-flop back and forth as to how I like my LJ to look, and finally got it down pat. Not that it matters, much, you most likely have your blog set to show everything in your style. But I'm happy. :)
In conclusion, buy yourself (if you can find it, it's as rare as hen's teeth) a bottle or twelve of Clayhouse's Petite Syrah from 2005. Absolute perfection.