1. Julius, Phish. Jam Bands!! Hoist is their best album. Pick it up if you don't have it.
2. Get Up (Sex Machine), James Brown. Hardest working man. Which is why he is always glistening.
3. Never There, Cake. CAKE!! Good stuff on all of their albums.
4. Piano Concerto No. 3 in D Mino, Opus 30, Rachmaninoff. This is the complete recording, and by a Van Cliburn winner, so it's well played.
5. Daddy Could Swear, I Declare, Gladys Knight and The Pips. I cannot stress how much I love Gladys. This song makes me think of my Papa. Quiet until they are pissed, then look out.
6. Uncle John's Band, Grateful Dead. I'm bouncing right now, just thinking about grooving in my Mother Hubbard with a veggie burrito... Good times. Still hate hacky sack, tho.
7. No Rain, Blind Melon. I heart the bumblebee girl. This song kicks ass to sing to on a sunny day. You know it, I know it.
8. Goodbye Seventies, Yaz. Oh. My. God. I want to rollerskate everytime I hear this. And spy on the 9th graders making out. Just like when I was a pre-teen. Had my own speed skates and everything...
9. Frou Frou Foxes in Midsummer Fires, Cocteau Twins. I love them. You know it, I know it. :-)
10. Falling, Angelo Badalamenti. Not jazzy, but ethereal soundtrack-y with a hint of his jazz stuff.
11. Fruta Fresca, Carlos Vives. I know I used this on another album, but it has to be my most favorite Latin-flavor shake your booty with a handsome, dark-haired man. Num.
12. Shadrach, Beastie Boys. 3 jews from MIT make it to the big leagues in the world of rap. That alone makes me love them, if not for "we're three emcees and we're on the go, Shadrach, Meshach, Abednigo." Bible story rap!! Without the religion crap! Wheee!
13. Golden Lights, The Smiths. The happiest sad song Morrissey ever did. And I know mirasol loves her gay men, just like me.
14. Goodbye Earl, Dixie Chicks. Not many country songs am I in to (that aren't old school, that is) but I love the Dixie Chicks. The lead singer is a trained jazz singer from Berkley! Love it.
15. The Beautiful People, Marilyn Manson. I remember sitting completely still when this video came out. Trent Resnor called: he wants his concept back! Still is a kick booty song.
16. Beautiful, Snoop Dogg. I love this song. I love Snoop. I love Pharrell. Obrigato Brazil! I want to be the dark haired woman from the video. SHe makes me hurt, she's so purdy.
I tried to hit all of the major labels, with the exception of easy listening. Some of these songs are long, so I couldn't get anymore on this disc. I think there was 17 seconds left over, or something ridiculus like that. Bah. This may have needed to be 2 discs, but I'm getting weary...
one more later today!