Here's my to do list today, if that gives you any indication of what my life is like this week:
go to the post office, pick up information on international pre-paid postage from the post master, be happy you have games on your iphone as you wait in that looooong line. MAHJONG!
get more Forever stamps for all of the thank you cards you'll need to send
take son's current coin stash to the bank to change into dollars
use said dollars and pick up gift card at Gamestop for son's buddy
- sweep and mop the floor
- vacuum whole house. Or at least pull it out. Intentions count, kinda
- bake gingersnaps for gift baskets
- bake caramel-turtle brownies for gift baskets
- make fudge for the same damn overflowing gift baskets
- make copies of a DVD for - you guessed it - those gift baskets
- Jesus, these people, make some more pumpkin butter for the freakin' baskets [lol, I love making baskets, actually]
hit craft store and replace burned out glue gun- get more glue sticks
find bright jewel-toned buttons for s-mom's gift
probably some lunch would be good at this point. There's that leftover mac-n-cheese with the chicken in it, yum.
- don't you even think about not eating something green. Green gumdrops do not count as a green, nerd. There's spinach in the fridge, eat it. EAT IT.
- make spinach-teeth faces at the dog and see if she does anything
- remember that you're a grownup and that you're talking to your dog. Have a reality check and brush your teeth.
- finish tracing out the birds on felt
- make next set of beads (guys, I made my own BEADS yesterday. I couldn't find numbered beads anywhere. ABC beads, sure. BAH. Well, they're cuter than anything I saw in stores, anyway) And I wrote with a toothpick NUMBERS on the beads. I felt pretty bad ass, I must say.
- start blanket-stitching the birds together
- put on their legs with the numbered beads (I'm making an advent calendar for my s-mom and my mother in law, and if I don't go crazy, I'll make one for myself, too)
- start bread otherwise no one will be able to eat tomorrow and it's all your fault, mom, god
- reheat bean soup for kids because have you seen this list?
cut Sally Derg's nails so she doesn't clickity clack you into madness
- do not, I repeat, DO NOT start writing this new story idea you got as you haven't even finished your damn rewrites, you freaking ADD spazzmoidle.
- stop dancing to random music to make the dog's tail wag, no matter how funny you find it, you have THINGS TO DO, OMG
- and no, the cats do not need you to curl up in the sun and take a nap with them, no matter how Schmusen you are feeling.
open a bottle of wine at some point[Lol, just kiddding. OR AM I??]
- damn it, seal that bottle back up and go buy some more, because it's going to be THAT kind of week
- get back to drinking and sewing and cooking and baking and breaking up fights with the kids
- eventually fall asleep
...is it any wonder that I went to bed at 9pm last night? Lame.
So, uh, if I don't reply to you, that's why. Life is happening. :)
And for my Hebes, just in time for the last two nights of Hanukkah, HONIKA ELECTRONICA. <3 the TRON mention. I also love his Dreidle icon on his iPhone instead of the Apple logo, LOL!! I hope you all are having a lovely holiday. SMOOCH.
It's almost the weekend, folks, WHEW. (And Jersey Shore is on tonight! FIST PUMPIN' LIKE CHAAAAAAMPS!)