- Three auditions this week
- dog shaving
- laundry of epic proportions
- de-cluttering the kitchen
- pulling all landscape lighting out of front of house
- finding new connectors for landscape lighting
- shooing Darthanne from grabbing at dangling cords
- digging up 18 perennials and finding new homes in other flower beds
- ....sneaking to the nursery to buy a few more perennials because I have a sickness, and that sickness involves plants
- tilling in a cubic yard of compost
- digging out the fountain
- pulling Darthanne out of the water so I can clean it
- measuring out a new place for fountain
- inoculate roses from black spot, just in case
- feed tomatoes
- marvel at the peas, bok choy, carrots, garlic, and onions coming in
- ditto on strawberries
- lift Darthanne out of the veggie bed before she smooshes the seedlings
- remember to dig out chicken wire to crown over the strawberries in case of bunnies
- take a moment of quiet to reflect on Darthanne getting older and not as bunny-killing as she used to be :(
- give her a quick bit of loving before the other kids see her and let her go back to being cool
- get Spinosad for peach tree because the ants are NOT GETTING THEM this year
- pull out all flagstone steps from the front to be moved
- pull up sod next to walkway so you can expand it
- ...which means that you need to dig up another 8 - 10 perennials and move them over, too
- try not to sit on Darthanne, who is crouched under my legs
- go to the backyard and dig out the flagstone that the Mr. put back there "just to put them somewhere"
- fling grass and mud that covers the stones towards his fancy grill
- plot ways to make him do heavy lifting when he gets home
- wait for Darthanne to jump over the fence to join me back up front
- install new landscape lighting (which is the old lighting, just in new places)
- get beef short ribs going for dinner tonight (omg, this recipe is outstanding, I'll post it on Monday. If you eat meat, you must eat these short ribs.)
- sniff the alyssum - that's why you're killing yourself, lady. Well, not for alyssum, but for the flowers. :B
- Pet the kitty with my gardening gloves, because I think that's why she follows me around - that rubber must feel gooood on her shedding furs
Yeah. Gardening season is upon us. Blooms! Flowers!! They're all coming back and I love my babies.
(THIS is two years ago - see how the pathway splits? Bad design on my part. I'm extending the base of the planting area out another 5 feet - most of the grass in that top pic will be planting bed. Then, the stones on the left will be shifted over a foot because those grasses got huge. Then, I'll widen them by another three feet and the plants in the middle will go on the right. And then everything behind it will find a new home. AUGH, why do I do this? Oh, right, because I love it, lol.)
And one day, one fine day I will have a little tree house on a big piece of country acreage like this, surrounded with foundation plants (not the same ones, but you get my drift) because HOW MAGICAL DOES THIS PLACE LOOK?? And I love that it just has wispy fabric and bamboo roller-blinds for walls. It is DREAMY.
Okay, going back out there. I've got a ton (literally) of rock to move and some big grasses to dig up. Oy, my back.
OH, OH! I almost forgot: I'm rewarding myself with every back episode of SOUTHLAND which is my new favorite thing. Holy crap, is that a great cop drama. YOU SHOULD WATCH IT. Also, true fact: it's written ENTIRELY by women. HOW COOL IS THAT??
[EA] And for your Friday time wasting pleasure. check out TRANSLATION PARTY. (Use rap lyrics for the best results. Try: I never eat a pig because a pig is a cop.) LOL. Thanks, Beth.