OMG, am I glad that the last week is over. It was nice, it had it's moments both good and bad, and most importantly, it had a delicious turkey and 4 Cheese Macaroni and my lovely sister, bro-in-law, and my family, but HAHAHAHAHA IT IS OVER AND MY HOUSE IS MINE AGAIN, WHEEEEE!
1. I am very unhappy that there is only one episode of The Walking Dead left until season 2 starts back up NEXT HALLOWEEN. Boo, AMC, that is going to make people unhappy. Who do you think you are, The Sopranos? I fully believe the show needs to pick back up in February, but hey, that's just me. At least I was being generous and not saying Decemberween, like I want.
2. Born Free by M.I.A. came on my iPod this weekend and I raced to the computer to watch the short film/video again. What an outstanding piece of political art that is. And how freaking disturbing, but in a non-gratuitous way. And then OF COURSE someone on my FB posted a "tee hee! Obama is HITLER, and I'm thuper theriouth, you guyth" comment and I wanted to raaaaaage.
GUESS WHO YOU CAN COMPARE HITLER TO? HITLER. Maybe Stalin. Different flavor of evil, though. Or maybe some cats. GUESS WHO YOU CAN'T? PEOPLE THAT DID NOT COMMIT ATROCITIES/GENOCIDE AGAINST MILLIONS - READ THAT AGAIN - MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.
Excuse me while I wipe the spittle from my chin.
3. Hey, Hanukkah is coming up! I keep singing, "Hanukkah, Hanukkah, whoever heard of a boy wanting more!" to the tune of "Oliver! Oliver!" But you know, all Linda Richmond-y and accusatory. Do you like how I can be so defensive of a people in one paragraph and offensive in another? Come on, it's why you love me.
4. I had a head desky conversation with a well-meaning/intentioned young lady this weekend on my "Black Mormons" post at Ohmyheck. She is a convert to the church, happens to be a black Mormon, and tried to explain to me that she gets the racism, but hey, there's racism everywhere, so why not be a Mormon? Oh....kay? You know, I'm not out to convert (shh, you know I am) so all I can do is put the info out there and let people do what they will. It's still leaving a bad taste in my mouth, though.
5. Lastly, I watched "Hostel" on IFC this weekend, and boy, does that movie make no sense when "cut for television," and they had boobs and cutting off of fingers and eye balls, but all of the hard core stuff (read: most of the movie) was cut. It was pretty hilarious how this guy is lurking about a big building looking for his friends, gets shackled with a ball gag, trips some dude with a chainsaw, then all of a sudden he's running out of there with murder on his mind. Why does he want to kill people we've never seen? Hilarious. Then it's just suddenly over. LOL.
If you need it, here's my old "Hostel in 15 minutes" post. Like I said, if you need it. Like I need to eat some more fudge.