I have many things to write about (lol, not really, just me going "HEY GUYS, GUESS WHAT I DID TODAY: LAUNDRY. GUYS, GUYS, GUESS WHAT I DID NOW? DISHES!") but it'll have to wait until the new year. Tonight I am starting up my old tradition of Cards and Booze at my place because for new folks that don't know, I will not drive on NYE. Too many people I've known/worked with hit/killed by drunk drivers.
WHICH LEADS ME TO THIS: GET A CAB TONIGHT. Just do it. Do not drive if you've had booze in your system, no matter how barely buzzed you think you are. 1) you're impaired, 2) you'll be on the road with other impaired people who think just like you, and 3) cabs leave your mouth and hands free for back seat make outs, there is no bad there! HAPPY NEW YEAR INDEED. :)
I'm introducing my neighbors to my family's card game (other people might play it, too, this is what we play in our family, and how we play it, so I don't need to hear how you do it differently, you'll just confuse me) and have printed up a rule card and laminated it and have a deck of cards for them to take home as party favors because I am the hostess with the mostest. Lol. We're also have duck sliders (yay hunting season! I can have red meat again! Yes, duck isn't red meat, technically, quit riding me, you get my point) and salmon crudities and champagne punch and goat cheese and homemade crackers and a bundt cake and GENERAL FUN TIMES.
Hands and Feet
Rules & Game Play
- One deck of cards per player (not team), need even # of players.
- Shuffle and place whole stack in middle of table.
- Each player picks up chunk of cards hoping it will be exactly 22 cards.
- If it is exact first grab, they get 100 points toward their team's score.
- Each player makes 2 piles of 11 cards each.
- Pass one stack of 11 cards to the player on the left.
- That stack is now your hand and is the one and you look at. [the other stack is your 'foot' & no peeking.]
- The goal is to make “books” which are 7 cards of each number. (7 ones, 7 queens, etc.) This is a “clean” book.
- You can use Wild Cards – Jokers. You cannot have more wild cards than numbered cards in a book. This is a “dirty” book.
- Start your turn by drawing 2 cards from the top pile, or the top 7 cards in the discard pile – must be able to play the top card to do so.
- Discard 1 card each turn.
- Once you've used all cards in your hand, you pick up your “foot” and play from that, but only after you've discarded or used all cards from your hand. (Can do this in one turn if all “hand” cards are used in a book.)
- A team needs at least 1 clean and 1 dirty book to go out completely. You can discard like cards onto a completed book. (Continue adding J to a J book from your team.)
- You can make a book of red 3s, but not black 3s.
- The first team to go out gets a bonus of 100 pts. Cards in your hand (and foot) are counted against you.
- 3-8's = 5 pts.
- 9's-K's = 10 pts.
- Aces = 20 pts.
- 2's (wild) = 25 pts.
- Jokers (wild) = 50 pts.
- Black 3's (bad cards) = -300pts. [zomg, this game is racist. This is from my Utard family *hands*]
- Dirty book = 300 pts.
- Clean book = 500 pts.
OMG SHUFFLING TAKES FOREVER. That's why it's fun, you can talk and laugh and have fun. The more people, the more fun. We've had 20 people playing at once, it was a blast.
BE SAFE! HAVE FUN! ENJOY THE CALENDAR WIPE! Let's all step it up in 2011 and quit the slacking shit of 2010, shall we? Ha. BE SAFE! BE WELL! BE HAPPY! Imagine I'm hugging you and giving you a loving bump on the shoulder!
<3 <3 <3