1. Dewey!! I was surprised to see him come back. I like that they did bring him back, that was a lot of plot dedicated to a character that was only in a handful of eps. And the whole AA addiction thing, oh man, so genius. We have an addict that has basically switched his addiction from booze to being "sober." And he's still a dick.
2. Regina King! This woman is such an outstanding actress, and she plays such a rich character. (I mean, her character Lydia is the old trope of "I'm getting too old for this shit" long-time cop that can't help but care, but wants to not care. And it's being played as a young(ish) black woman. Brilliant. I love that she got in someone's face, a man's face, a jackass chauvinist man's face and shoved him. By his face.
3. Raise your hand if you saw that cute little hombre in his cowboy boots and as you cooed you realized he was going to die? *raises hand* And nonetheless it was still shocking? Damn, a shoot up at a Quinceañera. Side note, because I live in the land of North Mexico, that's fairly huge here. And we had a lot of Mexicans that attended my LDS ward house (parish) and a few quinceañeras were held at our church house. I loved the elaborate gowns they wore. Some members got snotty about it, and they stopped having them. (White males complained, of course. They started having "Rose Balls" for the white girls' 16th birthdays until both were barred. EYE ROLL.)
4. Red Sally! Ahahahaha. Also, damn, that chick has ta tas for days, my lands.
5. So Ben doesn't realize Coop is gay? Huh. Oh, right, only the audience is privy to that. That should make for an interesting episode.
6. OMG TAMMI AND HER PHOTOGRAPHER INSTRUCTOR. Poor Sammy. That look on his face.... Although I also saw a note of "free at last, free at last!" in there. Not to mention some big ol' ego bruising, because this short barrel chested baby-faced guy is also a gang detective cop with a massive chip on his shoulder. Ouch. I hate Tammi with the force of a thousand suns. She's that girl, the bitchy, whiny, never satisfied harpy that doesn't realize how good she's got it. She just always wants more. "If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards" kind of person. Haaaaaate. Poor actress, she's nailing it, but it's such an unlikeable character. Good tv in other words.
I'm just saying, if you think this is just a cop drama, you're wrong. I mean it IS, but it's so damn real you'll think you're watching a reality show. These are real people, rich, diverse, not easily pigeonholed.
ION, I would very much like to run away and live in this wooden ball that has a steampunk feel to it. Here is what the inside looks like. (I'd redecorate, personally.)
Leave it to the Pioneer Woman's tasty kitchen blog to turn up something I spend too much money on and will spend money no longer! Liquid concentrated Chai, OKAY YES PLEASE.
Lastly, I am getting really excited for a couple of trips on my horizon. First up is my get away with the Mr. to celebrate out 10th anniversary. Wine country! (Alexander Valley, to be specific. I'm a fan. They're the less pretentious Napa.) That's in March. Then in April is my epic road trip with dovil across the southwest where we'll leave all of the grandeur of the desert to languish in Vegas until we feel our souls are too dirty to clean. All of the big stopping points along the way, Santa Fe,, Gallup (Route 66, basically) and then the Painted Desert, The Grand Canyon (where we're staying a few yards from the edge of the South Rim) up to Vermilion Cliffs, plyg country (lol), Zion Nat'l Park (staying right at the base of Angel's Landing, score!) and then on into Vegas. I really really really need a vacation from being a mom for a bit, so I'm looking forward to it.
I'm in the throes of testosterone-fuelled growing spurts, which translates into hair trigger of upset. The Boy has grown half a foot since Thanksgiving. That's not hyperbole, he's literally shot up 6 inches. He quit growing just before New Years, and now seems to be hitting yet another spurt as I can't keep him fed, and he's having two lunches, a snack, two dinners, and a bed time snack. This is what I get for getting impregnated by a giant. #2 seems to have stopped at 5'9", but I think she might make it to 6'. She's 13, btw. And she's built like a 22 year old. She also has no idea how to seal the deal with boys, so I am able to get some sleep at night. Gah.
Children. They're not for the faint-hearted.
Alrighty, I have to workout so I don't feel like a slug.
[ETA for music sharing] Three songs helping me move my butt this morning:
Bass Down Low (original)
Bass Down Low (Proper Villains Remix) I love this
Genius of Love Tom Tom Club remixed by Pinker Tones)
Bop around the house if you can't get outside. (These were all dl'd by promo blogs, so I'm assuming they're meant to be shared, Mr/s. FBI wo/man.)