Flipped thru the channels and Pretty In Pink was on. Made me think of all the horrible dialogue that ruined perfectly OK movies. Now I want to compile a list, so here we go. (Based on dialogue's ability to make you laugh out loud, and not in a good way, or start punching people to make them feel the pain, too.)
2. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner," Dirty Dancing, just truly a terrible movie.
3. "That's my brother, goddammit! That's - my - brother!" Kurt Russell, from Backdraft. Laughed so hard at that one.
4. "Work, you sonofabitch!" Mathew McConnahey, from U-571 What a horrible tribute to pay to those men from WWII. ANd pretty much anytime someone yells at machinery with a command to stop being broken.
5. "She's too much computer for you," Angelina Jolie from Hackers. Or any line from this clunker. You can see her boob job, BTW. Watch the swimming scene in the end. She wears a biker top and is totally flat, then you can see the reshoot when her shirt is filled out. Have to say, saw Gia, and those are some mighty fine boobies she done bought herself. BTW, there is nothing wrong with store-bought boobies.
6. "You wants tuh lay wif me?" Okay. Technically not a big cinema production, this is from North and South and it is so over the top, that my family repeats this at holidays.
7. Anytime JarJar Binks opens his idiotic/racist mouth. "Meesa?" Are you fucking kidding me with this?
8. Anything that comes out of Joey Lauren Adams' mouth. Baby talk with a whiskey tone. Eeewwww. "I sucked him off while [??] fucked me in the ass!! Is that what you wanted to hear?" I have to say, I do a killer impression of this scene that gets a spit-take from my husband every time.
So? Agree? Disagree? Got anything to add? Think of stuff that pisses you off when you hear it, it's as painful as watching the universe die.